The Jewelers Building at 35 E Wacker has a storied past. From the 1920’s car lift that facilitated safe transfers for jewelry merchants to the domed top floor that was originally a restaurant and a speakeasy run by Al Capone, the building’s history reads more like urban legend.
It’s easy to understand why Chicago is eager to preserve this landmark. Building Blocks furnished and oversaw the removal and replacement of 30,000 terra cotta units with glass fiber reinforced concrete (GFRC) pieces over a complex multi-year project.
35 E Wacker Pl
Chicago, IL 60601